The Oscar season is up again. This is the time where I watch all possible movies nominated in the “Best Picture” category and some other “Bests” as well.
One of them is Dallas Buyers Club, the plot revolves around the onset HIV pandemic during the late 1980’s. No, I won’t tell the storyline or be a spoiler.
Ten things you may learn after watching Dallas Buyers Club
1. Death is inevitable, you just prolong it. If it is your time, then it is your time. “Dare to Live”.
2. This era is a lucky one, where there are more than a handful of medications to choose from.
3. Appreciate what you have.
4. HIV is not just about being a gay man, but it is for everybody.
5. People can still love you after all.
6. Take chances, the only regret you’ll make is not giving it a try.
7. Break the rules, I mean get out of the comfort zone. This is where all the magic begins.
8. Don’t be a homophobe. Period.
9. Let go of the past. It happens for reason.
10. HIV is not a death sentence.
Great job Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto (this one’s a hot guy).